- Hydrotherapy Supplies Market by Key Players, Sales, Demand, Market Dynamic Forces & Forecast 2024
- Man arrested for sending lewd messages to woman TV news anchor
- Heart-N-Hands EHC learns about MIND Diet
- UP Board class 10 compartmental admit card out, here’s how to download
- Patient's woe as King's Lynn hospital's hydrotherapy pool still out of action
Cyclone Fani LIVE News Updates: The extremely severe Cyclone Fani, which made landfall in Odisha around 8 am on Friday, will move north-northeastwards and will weaken into a severe cyclonic storm in the next six hours, the Indian Meteorological Department said. The area along Puri is witnessing winds with a speed of 145 kilometres per hour that could reach up to 180-200 kmph, which could bring “extensive damage”, Mritunjay Mohapatra, in-charge of the Cyclone Warning Division of IMD, told PTI.
Nearly 11 lakh people have been evacuated from vulnerable and low-lying areas of at least 11 coastal districts while the evacuees have been accommodated in over 4,000 shelters, including 880 specially designed cyclone centres, Special Relief Commissioner B P Sethi told PTI. Other states on the eastern coast, such as West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, are also likely to be affected. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has appealed to the people not to panic as the government is fully prepared to deal with the situation.
Railway emergency helpline numbers:
Bhubaneswar- (0674-2303060, 2301525, 2301625), Khurda Road (0674-2490010, 2492511, 2492611), Sambalpur (0663- 2532230, 2533037, 2532302), Visakhapatnam – (0891- 2746255, 1072), Puri- 06752-225922, Bhadrak- 06784-230827, Cuttack- 0671-2201865, Berhampur- 0680-2229632