- Heavy rainfall predicted over Tamil Nadu, Puducherry
- Rescue dog rehab: how hydrotherapy gets them back on their feet, and helps with arthritis, post-op recovery
- High Court fines live-in couple for frivolous litigation
- We are monitoring situation in Sri Lanka: Sushma Swaraj
- The MIND diet: Can you eat your way to a healthier brain?
The wreckage of the plane carrying Emiliano Sala which disappeared has been found in the English Channel, the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) has confirmed.
David Mearns, who is co-ordinating the privately funded search for the aircraft which was carrying Sala and pilot David Ibbotson, stated the wreckage was discovered on Sunday morning and added their families have been informed.
The AAIB confirmed to Omnisport that the plane had been located.
“Wreckage of the plane carrying Emiliano Sala and piloted by David Ibbotson was located early this morning [Sunday] by the FPV MORVEN,” Mearns wrote on Twitter.
“As agreed with the AAIB they moved the GEO OCEAN III over the position we provided them to visually identify the plane by ROV.
“The families of Emiliano Sala and David Ibbotson have been notified by Police. The AAIB will be making a statement tomorrow. Tonight our sole thoughts are with the families and friends of Emiliano and David.”